Fast. Easy. Delicious. And a healthy alternative to fried chicken. Doug was preparing for a client meeting and was planning to leave in about an hour. I walked into the kitchen to find him digging through the cabinets and rummaging through the fridge for something to eat. He mentioned that he was hungry and probably wouldn't have time to eat until later that night, and was on the hunt for something substancial. I had some chicken thawing in the fridge, and pulled together this quick, easy, and delicious chicken recipe, in less than one hour!
- A package of thawed chicken breasts
- Smart Balance (or other margarine, Earth Balance is another good one)
- Tabasco or another favorite hot sauce
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 3 cloves of garlic
In a cereal sized bowl combine:
- 1 tablespoon of Smart Balance
- 3 minced cloves of garlic
- A few dashes of Tabasco to your taste
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Dredge the chicken in the liquid
- Coat the chicken through the bread crumbs
- Place chicken in a baking dish
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes
Doug did say that the chicken was best hot and fresh from the oven, but it didn't stop him from enjoying the remaining chicken, post-meeting, late last night!
A great recipe for the whole family, as you can control the amount of hot sauce. The outside is crispy and the inside was juicy. A win, win!