Living in DC, with a plethora of colleges and universities, the extent that graduation effects this girl most years is with the additional traffic and overflowing restaurants with limited reservations. However, this year I have two cousins graduating... one from college tomorrow and another from high school on Friday. And I have to say, it has me thinking about when I graduated. My high school graduation seems like an eternity ago and college definitely doesn't seem like it was just yesterday. Sounds rhetorical, but seriously, where does the time go? The older I get, the faster it goes. How's that for some Great Graduation advice?
My gift to grads "Enjoy the moment. Always." Signed, Hilary Phelps
Here we go, a dive headfirst into Graduation Gifts for the grad in your life!
When money is no object...
- A fun vacation to the destination of their choosing
- A car
- A laptop or an iPad
- A down payment on a condo or house
- Jewelry (think diamond earrings for her) or Watch (Rolex for him)
- A resume writing service (CareerPerfect is an example)
- An iPod
- A money clip, engraved and with money!
- Books: a "how to" for resumes, motivational or on a specific area of study or career path
- Gift card to Starbucks or food chain
- A tie
- A picture frame
- A phone or gas card
And the ubiquitous, always welcomed and appreciated, Visa card which comes in almost any amount.
Congratulations to the Graduating class of 2011!