I have such a love/hate relationship with mornings. Love -- I'm most productive when I hit the ground running, when I wake up and get the day started. Dislike, because, well, I love to sleep and to fell my best I require a good eight hours each night. I do my best writing in the mornings, it's when I'm the most focused, but that's also because I get a little help from my good friend, coffee. My most productive and streamlined days happen when I follow a schedule and these 6 morning rituals set me on the path to success each day.
1. Avoid Email: My phone is my alarm clock so it's the first thing I grab in the morning. I check email and social media immediately. It's a habit I'm working to break. I’m significantly more productive on days I avoid email and social media first thing in the morning. Your mornings should be reserved for you — not for all of people living in your smartphone.
2. Meditate: I’m also a big believer in spending some quiet moments alone in the morning. Use it for prayer, meditation or read something inspiring and meaningful to you.
3. Hydrate: Most of us wake up slightly dehydrated, so get your metabolism moving and rehydrate with a glass of water while you're waiting for your coffee to percolate. A cup of caffeine keeps the crankiness at bay.
4. Exercise: Yep. You’ve gotta do it. Get your bum out of bed and into action. Exercising early produces endorphins which starts your day off right. Plus, it boosts your metabolism and by knocking it out early in the day, I'm less likely to find excuses as to why I don't have time to get in a workout.
5. Eat Well: Eat a hearty breakfast! My nutritionist insists I have protein and fat in every meal. Try eggs + avocado or a smoothie made with coconut milk and protein powder.
6. Set Goals: Successful people are really good at manifestation. Create a list every morning and map out your day. Set priorities and deadlines for yourself. Crossing items off a list feels so productive, doesn't it?
Did I miss your favorite morning ritual? Leave a comment below and share your favorite! Have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend!