This has become one of my "go-to recipes" to make for Doug. It's easy to throw together, refrigerates well and provides meals for a week. Perfect for any household -- whether you have kids or are a busy individual on the go. No crazy ingredients necessary and most of them you probably have in your house right now, for this easy crustless quiche.
I changed the original recipe by adding some cheese and swapped out the veggies for different ones on occasion. I've used zucchini, carrots, spinach and peppers, as well as an assortment of meats -- ground lamb, ground turkey and breakfast sausages, all cooked ahead of time. You can mix and match meats and veggies to make the quiche that sounds delicious to you. Seriously, whatever you have on hand works with this recipe. Our most recent quiche had cheese, sausage and red peppers.
Time needed: 1 hour
- 12 eggs
- Chopped veggies: ex: one zucchini grated and/or one red pepper diced; chopped mushrooms, sauteed spinach, etc.
- 1-2 cups of grated cheese
- 1 pound of cooked ground meat (OPTIONAL)
- Salt + pepper; dried herbs (I use oregano, rosemary and thyme)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- If using, cook the meat and drain off any grease or liquids.
- Chop the veggies
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat with a wire whisk.
- Add the meat (if using), veggies and cheese. Stir until blended.
- Add salt, pepper and dried herbs.
- Pour into a 13x9 inch baking dish, that has been well greased with butter or coconut oil
- Bake for 40 minutes.
You can tailor this to any dietary restrictions. It's already gluten/grain free, leave out the cheese for Paleo and leave out the meat for vegetarian friends. It's the easiest thing to grab in the morning before heading out the door and a great quick mid-week dinner.
Let me know what veggie/meat combos you make and which ones you enjoy the most!