A few weeks back, Neiman Marcus invited a handful of Media Mavens to view their Spring Collections. Being a true girly girl, I always enjoy my get together with girlfriends for brunch, but this brunch was different... it included shoes, clothes and accessories that were sure to fly off the racks this Spring. What better way to kick off the first day of Spring than with a visual online runway of what's hot this season?
- Pinks. The burgundy and bordeaux from Fall is replaced by all shades of pink. Think magenta, bright pink, light pink, fuchsia, coral.
- Patterned pants. Leopard, floral and snake-skin, oh my! Fancy pants are the way to go!
- The Clutch: On the New York Fashion Week runways, models strutted their stuff carrying clutches and handbags. The difference this season lies in the way in which the handbag is carried, which is clutch style, not tossed over the shoulder.
- Silver shoes: Silver wedge or strappy sandal, Neiman's tells us "all over metallic makes a statement, a single detail makes it modern."
- Prints: Prints are not only for pants! Floral is front and center this season, but so are graphic prints. And Ken Downing says "At Neiman Marcus, the animal never dies." This spring/summer 2012, the print is zebra!
- Dramatic Earrings: Even in jeans, earrings can make your outfit pop. Think BIG!
- Tribal: More Aborigines and African and less Santa Fe, this trend is everywhere from pants (fancy pants!) to dresses.
- Yellow: A difficult color to wear for some skin tones, yellow is the new neutral. Find the tone that works best with your skin tone and wear it with blue, red, green, white... the choices are endless!
- Sports Influence: Velor tracksuits and yoga pants not included. Think of it as more one item that has sporty influence, like a duffel shaped bag, and less about looking like you just walked out of the gym.
- The Spring Face: Brows: keep them groomed ladies, they frame your face!
The excitement was endless and there was chatter about the pieces that were drool worthy. The one everyone agreed on? The Alexander McQueen clutch. Weighing approximately 5 pounds, it looked fabulous on every single one of the ladies well-groomed and manicured fingers.